Effective Date: 04/01/2017
Fluency collects information about you when you use our mobile application (“App”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. You may use the services as an interpreter user (“Authorized Interpreter User”). The App is provided by Fluency Inc., and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by Fluency Inc.
If you do not agree to this policy or the Terms, you are prohibited from using this App.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") describes how Fluency Inc. (“we”, “us”, or “Fluency”), and its affiliated companies obtain, directly or indirectly through your viewing or interaction with a Fluency mobile application (the “App”) applies to persons who use our App to schedule and manage appointments (“Users”).
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”), such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include but is not limited to: name, age, email, phone number, postal address, notes, location data, which information may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by Fluency for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, Service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other purposes consistent with Fluency’s legitimate business needs. If you are a requester, you acknowledge that we may collect this Personal Information from you directly or through your Subscriber Agency or Authorized Interpreter User. By submitting information to Fluency during the account creation process and/or by using the App, you consent to such collection and use of personal data. You also acknowledge and agree that if you are a requester, we may collect general client health information, such as medical record number, location, health, human service or behavioral health appointments (“Client Health Information”).
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our App, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Geo-location Information: When you use the App, you acknowledge and agree that we will collection location-based data from you. When you use the App, we will collect geo-location data from your device. We track your location to administer the functionality of the App and send you location-based communications. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our App facilitates communications between Administrators, Managers, Interpreters and Requesters. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the secure message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the App, we collect server logs, which may include but is not limited to information like device IP address, access dates and times and actions, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our App.
How This Information is Used
- Operate and improve our App
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- Provide and deliver products that you request
- Send you related information including confirmations, invoices, technical notes, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages
- Communicate with you via mobile alerts and other messaging about the App
- Link or combine your information with other personal information we collect through our Platform or App to help understand your needs and provide you better services
- For our own marketing, promotional and informational purposes
Security of Information
Fluency uses appropriate measures designed to protect information received through the App from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When we collect sensitive information, we store the information on dedicated servers which include 2N+2 redundancy, self-healing infrastructure management system, 24/7/365 hardware monitoring, power redundancy and a blended Internet connection. Servers use Transport Layer Security (TLS) with 256-bit encryption, redundant SonicWall Enterprise Class Firewalls coupled to Dell’s SonicWall Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS) subscription that includes Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control Service. HIPAA Regulatory Compliance Report available upon request. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Fluency app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Fluency app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Right to a Paper Copy of this Notice
You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this notice at any time upon request, even if you have received this notice electronically.
CHANGES OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
5921 Sutter Avenue,
Carmichael, CA 95608